You may have just gotten the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus and you are curious how you turn mobile on or off in your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
You could have turned off mobile data on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus for certain apps such as social networking, daily lifestyle apps, and email but you want to turn Mobile data on in your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus to that it is connected to the Internet using mobile data.
You may have just began using an Android operating system and you are curious how you can turn ON and OFF data on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus and we will show you below.
How to turn Mobile Data Off and ON for the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
It is recommended to turn off the Mobile data option when you are not using apps that are being connected to the Internet on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. Doing so will assist you in saving data and also saving the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus batter from continuously running low because of frequent updates of background apps.
The following guide on how you can turn on and off mobile data for your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus so read the guide below.
- Make sure the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus is turned on.
- Swipe down from the top of your menu.
- Choose the Settings option.
- Choose Data Usage.
- Switch OFF mobile data for the status switch right next to Mobile Data.
- Click on OK.
- Choose a status switch to turn on mobile data right next to Mobile Data.
You may have recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus and you are curious how you can fix the unpair issue on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. This unpairing problem is an example of a Bluetooth issues on your Samsung Galaxy S8 and we want to explain to you how you solve the Bluetooth issues on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
The unpairing problem on a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus is actually a very common issue that people face when they use this device and the bad thing is that Samsung has not necessarily published an official software or hardware report so far.
Unfortunately, since there is no published solution to this problem, there isn’t a for sure method to solve the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus Bluetooth problem that you may face on cars such as Audi, Tesla, Toyota, GM, Mazda, Ford, Nissan, Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, or BMW.
However, this is some good news. You can use a variety of methods to solve the Bluetooth issues on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
The initial method to solve your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus will not unpair issue is to erase your Bluetooth data with the guide on how to clear the cache. You will be able to have temporary data to be saved with this cache for better assistance to switch between separate apps. This problem actually commonly found when a Bluetooth car devices are trying to be connected to from a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. It is recommended to erase Bluetooth data and cache and try to reconnect when you might be facing this kind of problem. Take a look at the variety of other methods you can use to solve the Bluetooth issues on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus below.
Fixing the Bluetooth problems on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus is turned on.
- Navigate to the home screen and choose a app icon.
- Then choose the settings icon.
- Look for a Application Manager.
- Swipe either left or right to display All Tabs.
- Choose the Bluetooth option.
- Choose to forcefully stop it.
- Then, clear cache.
- Choose to clear Bluetooth data.
- Then choose Ok.
- Lastly, have your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus restarted.
Fixing the Bluetooth problems on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
If the methods above do not work, try to put the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus into wipe cache partition and recovery mode. Once there, connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus with an alternative Bluetooth device that is in range and it should function. The steps above are to fix whatever Bluetooth issues you may be facing on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
You may have recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus and it is a great idea to learn how you can use the Multi Window on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. The feature of Multi Window option on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus lets people use two different apps simultaneously.
However, you must first turn Multi Window and Split Screen on in your settings menu to use it on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. Take a look at the steps below in order to learn how you can enable Multi Window Mode and Split Screen View and then learn how you can begin to use the features on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Enabling Multi Window feature on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus
You probably will need to have Multi Window enabled in your Settings menu if you wish to use this feature. Take a look at the instruction to learn how to do this:
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus is turned on.
- Navigate to your Settings menu.
- Navigate to Multi Window that is beneath Device.
- Located in the top corner of your screen. Turn the toggle on for Multi Window.
- Choose whether you would like the material in the Multi Window feature by default by simply having the boxed check close to Open in the Multi Window View.
You have the Multi Window enabled on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, you are able to check and see that there is a half gray semi circle on your screen. This semi circle of half circle on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus display means that the settings have been enabled and Multi Window Mode can be used.
You can begin to use the option by clicking on the circle with your fingers to put the multi window to the top. Once you are done, move the icons to the window from the menu that you wish to open. A great option on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus is that you can change the size of the window by clicking and holding down the circle and moving it to wherever you want.
If you have recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, you may be wondering how you can customize the toggles on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus in order to access the different settings quicker. You will be able to turn off and on Bluetooth/Wi-Fi and other things quickly using the toggles settings on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus that will be at the top of your screen.
You also have the option to customize the toggle bar on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus for your preferences. There are a lot of various types of personalization that Samsung offers. You can learn how to change these option for the pull down bar and notification drawer of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus in this guide.
You might have actually noticed that your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus has different toggles in the notification pull down for settings. This is dependent on what carrier you have and if you will have a slide that lets you change the brightness of the screen. You will be able to access the “Quick Settings” menu by pulling down your notification bar using two fingers.
You will then be able to have the notification bar changed on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. Take a look at the guide below in order to learn how you can set and edit the personal notification bar.
Customizing the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus Toggles
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
- Have the notification bar pulled down and choose the top squares icon to be able to access the “Quick Settings” or use two fingers to pull the top of your screen down.
- Choose “Pencil” towards the top of your screen.
- This next step will depend on your carrier. You need to navigate to your “Notification Panel” edit settings spot. You will be able to get rid of the slider for brightness adjustment here at the bar and choose the settings keys that you wish to personalize.
- Simply click and hold whatever toggle you wish to get rid of and once it is highlighted, you can move and drop it wherever you would like.
Once you have completed the instructions above, you should now have the option to look at your new preferred settings or toggles to the Active buttons which you just customized. You will notice that this will be the initial list once the notification bar has been pulled down the first time and the bigger “Quick Settings” menu that you will be able to get to using your two fingers to swipe.
You may have recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus and you are curious how you can delete logs for your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus for incoming calls and outgoing calls. We will discuss how deleting logs have to do with incoming and outgoing calls on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus below.
Your call log option on the smartphone actually saves all info from calls on incoming and outgoing calls and the contact that you have called and also the duration of time that you talked to the person. However, not every person would like this type of information save on their Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus and deleting the logs is your greatest way to remove this information.
The guide below is for learning how to remove all info and delete call log of your incoming and outgoing calls on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Deleting Call Log On The Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Make sure the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus is turned on.
- Navigate to your Phone app.
- Navigate to your Log tab towards the left side of your display.
- Choose the “More” button towards the top of your display.
- Choose Edit
Before going to each individual entry in your phone’s Call Log, you will notice a small checkbox. Choose the checkbox in order to remove the single entry and choose “All” to remove all entries in your call log on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. The steps above will assist you in deleting or removing specific entries in your call log on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
You may have recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus and want to know how you can use the clock feature on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. It is a great feature to be able to use the clock on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 since it can remind you of a vital event or wake you up.
The alarm clock has a snooze feature on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus which is fantastic when you are in a hotel and you are traveling and do not have an alarm clock. This article will show you how you can edit, delete, or set an alarm clock app using the widgets and how to use the snooze feature easily on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Make a new alarm by clicking Apps, then clicking Clock, and then Create. Choose the option that you want by setting options that are below.
- Time: Click the down or up arrows to have the time set on the alarm. Click PM/AM to change which time of day.
- Alarm repeat: Click what days that you want the alarm to repeat. Click Repeat weekly so that the alarm will repeat on the days that you choose.
- Alarm type: Make the alarm sound differently when it goes off such as Vibrate, Sound, and Vibration & Sound.
- Alarm tone: Setting sound file that is played once the alarm has been set off.
- Alarm volume: Move the slider to change the volume of the alarm.
- Snooze: Click on the switch to turn the snooze feature ON or OFF and set the interval to 3, 6, 16, and 30 min and repeat to 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 times.
- Name: Put an exact name for your alarm. You will see the name show up on your screen once the alarm goes off.
How to Turn Off Alarms
Click and move the red X in whatever direction you want to turn the alarm OFF.
How to Turn Off Alarms
To delete your alarm on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, you need to navigate to your alarm menu. You should then click and hold an alarm that you wish to remove and click Delete. If you wish to turn off the alarm but still want to keep the alarm for later on, click on “Clock”.
How to set the Snooze Option
If you wish to turn the snooze feature on for your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 after the alarm sounds, click and swipe the ZZ sign in whatever direction you want. However, you must first set the snooze feature in your alarm settings.
If you own a smartphone, it is common to not remember your password on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. There are lot of methods you can use in order to reset your password on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus that require a hard factory reset that deletes all your data and files on your device. If you do not have your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus backed up, there are a variety of ways to reset your password on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus when you are locked out and you will not lose any files or data.
Reset Password using Factory Reset for the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus is turned off.
- Click and hold the Home button, Power button, and Volume Up button simultaneously until you notice the Android logo.
- Choose clear factory/data reset option using your Volume down button and click the Power key to choose it.
- Choose “Yes-delete all user data” using your Volume down button and click Power to choose it.
- Once you have rebooted your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, use your Power key to choose it.
- When your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus restarts, all of your data will be cleared and you can set this up once again.
It is very important to know that you should perform a factory reset on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, you need to back up all your information and files to not lose any that data on your device.
Reset Password using Samsung Find My Mobile for the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
Another method you can use is Find My Mobile by Samsung, which is similar to Find My iPhone. You may use the Remote Controls option on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus that will let you reset your password temporarily and goes through the lock screen on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. Take a look at the steps below to learn how you can register your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus if you haven’t registered it yet.
- Have your Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus registered with Samsung
- Use the “Find My Mobile” feature to reset your password temporarily.
- Go through you lock screen with a fresh password.
- Make a fresh password.
Password Reset using Android Device Manager for the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
Another method you can use to have your password reset on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus is for people that have their Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus registered with Android Device Manager. When you use Android Device Manager to have your password reset, all you have to do is have the Lock feature activated. The Lock option on the Android Device Manager will let you find your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus password by resetting it if you forgot it on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
- Navigate t0 Android Device Manager using a computer.
- Locate the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus on your display.
- Turn the Lock and Erase feature on.
- Use the steps on that page to lock your device.
- Set up a temporary password.
- Put in the temporary password on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
- Make a fresh password.
You may have recently just purchased the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 and you want to learn how to add favorites on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus. The Favorite contact options lets access information on a certain person quickly rather than going through hundreds of contacts to locate the desired person on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
Using the method below is better than using letters that are on the side of your screen to access it quicker. Take a look at the steps below in order to learn how you can create a favorite on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
If you have previously had an Android smartphone, you have most likely starred a coupled of contact which show up towards the top of your list when you open the Phone app and we will discuss how you can remove or add specific people that you want to put in your favorites. The instructions below are for how you can set a favorite contact and star on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
How to Add Favorites On The Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus is turned on.
- Navigate to your Phone app.
- Navigate to your Contacts section.
- Choose which contact that you would like to star or favorite.
- Click on the star that is in the red circle.
An alternative method to add and set favorites on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus is to choose the contact in your contacts list. After you see the information of the contact appear, try to find a star that shows up towards the top of your screen. Once you choose the star, the person will then be added to the favorites. Your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus will not allow you to sort favorites by order so that the more important are towards the top yourself by default.
But, the contact will be listed alphabetically. If you decide that you want someone from your favorites removed, navigate to the person’s contact page and have the star unchecked. You also have the option to entirely delete that contact that will also removed the person from your favorite list.
For those that own the new Samsung Galaxy smartphone, you may want to know how to fix screen sensitivity on Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. The reason for this is because in certain cases, the screen sensitivity may cause you to tap something by mistake, while other times it’s almost impossible to press/tap something on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus.
Don’t worry, what ever your problem is, below we’ll help explain how to fix Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus screen sensitivity. One cause of this screen sensitivity problem is that the curved display edge causes you to tap/press a button by mistake.
Fix Screen Sensitivity On Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
The way that you can fix the screen sensitivity issues is by changing the way you hold your phone. What we mean by this is to avoid placing your hands or finger near the sides of the display. This should help reducing the amount that you activate a settings by mistake.
Another way that you can fix Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus screen sensitivity is by purchasing a case for your smartphone. The reason that buying a case can help with the screen sensitivity on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus, is that it basically creates a bezel around your phone and should help eliminate you pressing your hand against the side screen of the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
The final method to solve Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus screen sensitivity is by placing a screen protector on your smartphone. For some users, this can help fix the screen sensitivity by reducing the confusion of the display thinking you placed your hand on the screen.
NOTE: In addition, it’s possible that you have an outdates software version on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. You can go to the settings menu to see if you need to update your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus.
The latest Galaxy S8 smartphone is a real monster of smartphones. With the display curves further away into the sides of the device than you could ever imagine, the device still remains as compact as possible. A subtle curve on the front part of your smartphone makes it feel extra smooth in your hand, such that you could almost roll it around your palm. What you can be sure of is that there is simply so much that this device can offer to it prospective buyers.
If you actually connect your Galaxy S8 with your Bluetooth hands-free headset, what you will see is the device name of your smartphone displayed on the list of connecting items. The device name usually comes set by default so you may have already guessed what that name is: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus. However, if you wish to use another device name for your device, this article will help you do just that.
If you are probably thinking that this is not necessary, then you are not the only one. You join a very huge list of users who fail or postpone to offer their device a suitable name but tell you what, a day will come when you learn how important this is. To be more exact, it will come a time when you might need to pair your Bluetooth headset in a crowded place, then pinpointing your handset in such an environment will simply be an impossible task for you.
If you however wish to change your device’s name, follow our guidelines below.
Naming your Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Go to Settings
- Browse to About Device and press on the About Device option
- Press on the device name. if you can’t locate it then you could find this under the software update, legal information and status options
- Set a unique name for your handset
- Then hit the save button
- From then on, your device’s new name will be displayed when you try connecting to a Bluetooth device, using Wi-Fi, when sharing files and more.
After you follow the steps from above, you should know how to change name on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.
In terms of dedication, Samsung sits at the top of the smartphone domain and its latest Galaxy S8 smartphone is clear proof of that. To be honest, the Samsung Galaxy S8 is a monster of a smartphone you don’t find every other day. So trying to get the best out of it is something you need to try and do from the start. For instance, how do display content primarily on your smartphone on a television?
Samsung has a Smart View feature that simplifies displaying your phones content on to a TV. It is now down to you to connect your Galaxy smartphone to your Samsung Smart TV and certain Miracast devices such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick. You can wirelessly broadcast your latest videos, presentations, photos or even your video games on to your big screen. For that to happen, you have to verify a few crucial aspects.
Your TV must be turned ON and connected to a parallel network as your Galaxy S8 device before you can turn ON Smart View. As long as there is a common network for sharing, it is then up to you to select the one that best suits you.
Displaying content from your Galaxy S8 on to a TV- using the notification panel
- From the Home screen, swipe your screen from the top to the bottom in order to reveal the Notification Panel
- Hit the Quick Settings panel
- Press on the Smart View option
- The available screen mirroring devices will be displayed. Touch on the device you wish to display your content on
- The device will then attempt to connect. Start sharing by simply following the instructions on your TV screen to allow the connection
Displaying content from your Galaxy S8 on to a TV using the Sharing menu
- Open a photo or a video then press “share”
- Press on Smart View
- If you have previously never connected your Galaxy smartphone to a TV or any streaming device, you might be required to confirm the connection to your TV and you should do just that.
- Now you should be sure that your image or video will be displayed on your TV. For videos, you only have to press “Play” on your mobile phone to start streaming it to your TV.
If you instead can’t get through and you can’t seem to stop running into issues, hit our comments section below and I can promise you that we’ll do our best to find a solution for you.
GIF photos are one of the most shared image types on the internet. They combine the small file size and share ability of images, but can include moving content with multiple frames like videos. It is possible to create GIF photos on your Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus and in this guide we are going to provide the information you need to create your very own GIF photos. This will allow you to bring new life to your photos, or allow you to create short, easily shareable video clips.
Samsung already has it’s own motion photo mode on the Samsung Galaxy S8+ Plus, but many users find that turning their photos into short GIFs is a much easier way to do things.
GIF is short for Graphics Interchange Format. It’s a type of image file that has moving properties. Unlike other image formats, GIFs can imitate videos by showing a series of frames stitched together. For example, a short video of a man doing a backflip can be turned into a GIF file. When somebody views the GIF file, they will see the frames being played repeatedly.
Compatibility for GIFs hasn’t been great in the past, but more developers are moving to support them on their own platforms. Being able to create your own GIFs on your Galaxy S8+ Plus is incredibly handy these days, especially because platforms like Messenger and WhatsApp now support GIF sharing.
To create a GIF photo on your own Galaxy S8+ Plus, please follow the steps that we have outlined below:
How to Create GIF Photos on Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- To begin with, open the Galaxy S8+ Plus camera app.
- Tap ‘MODE.’
- Tap the ‘Animated GIF’ option
- You can now shoot your own GIF photos. Why not give it a try?
We hope this guide has helped to teach you how to create GIF photos on your Galaxy S8+ Plus. What do you think of this feature so far?
The Galaxy S8 doesn’t have a built-in adoptable storage feature that allows you to blend your internal memory and your microSD card memory together. Adoptable storage makes it easier to place all of your apps, music, and files onto one partition and allows your device to manage all of your data easier. Newer Android devices do have access to adoptable storage, and fortunately there is a way to make Galaxy S8 access the feature as well.
If you are the owner of a Samsung Galaxy S8 and would like to find out how to enable adoptable storage, you’ve come to the right place. In this guide we’ll explain to you how you can enable the adoptable storage mode, and you won’t even need to root your device to do it.
MoDaCo, also known as Paul O’Brien, a well known smartphone ROM developer, has found a method to enable adoptable storage on the Galaxy S8 – we’ll be explaining how to enable this feature with MoDaCo’s method.
A small tweak is necessary to get the adoptable storage working on your Galaxy S8. Once you’ve completed the tweak, you’ll be able to merge the internal memory and the microSD card memory together. For this to work, you’ll need to enable developer mode on your Galaxy S8. To do this, open the settings app, tap system, tap about device and then tap software info. On the next screen, tap ‘build number’ repeatedly until developer mode is unlocked. Once you have unlocked developer mode, go back to Settings > System > Developer Options and tap to switch on USB debugging.
It’s also suggested to backup all current data on your microSD card. This will make sure that you keep any files safe in case something goes wrong during the process we are about to list below.
You are also going to need to use a laptop or a PC to complete this process. You’ll need to install the Android SDK on your laptop or PC before you begin as well.
How to Enable Adoptable Storage on Galaxy S8:
- Connect your Galaxy S8to your computer or laptop
- Open the cmd command terminal and type adb shell
- Press enter, then find the ID of the microSD card in your Galaxy S8. To do this, type ‘sm list-disks’ in the cmd window
- The disk ID will appear. Make a note of the microSD card disk ID
- You’ll need the disk ID to successfully set up adoptable storage on your Galaxy S8. Next type ‘sm partition disk:(ID number) private’ remove the (ID number) section and replace it with your microSD card disk ID
- You have the choice to split your storage so that some microSD card remains separated, or you can turn all of your microSD card into adoptable storage. To split it, type sm partition disk: (ID number) mixed 50. If you want to merge all of the memory, type sm partition disk: (ID number) private
Once the process has completed, you can check to see whether your internal storage has been merged by visiting the internal storage section in your Galaxy S8 settings app.